09 January, 2008

R2 MANSION OF THE LIVING DEAD DVD SET

Menu for the late 2007 R2 DVD set from Germany.

The hotel manager (Antonio Mayans) and his chained woman (Eva Leon) share a quiet moment in LA MANSION DE LOS MUERTOS VIVENTES.


The above screenshots are for informational/comparison purposes only.
I've copied the information here from the German site re the 2 DVD set released in November, 2007


Screenshots


Lieferstatus:
i.d.R. in 2-7 Tagen Versandfertig
Veröffentlichung:
14.11.2007
Jahr/Land:
1985 ( Spanien )
Laufzeit:
94 min.
FSK/Rating:
JK
Genre:
Horror
Bildformat:
Widescreen 2.35:1 ( INFO ) (Anamorphisch) ( INFO )
Sprachen:
Deutsch: Dolby Digital 5.1 ( INFO )Deutsch: Dolby Digital 2.0 (Stereo) ( INFO )Español: Dolby Digital 2.0 (Stereo) ( INFO )
Special Features:
- Interview mit Jess Franco & Lina Romay- Fotogalerie- Trailer- Slideshows zur Reitende-Leichen-Saga- Restaurierte Uncut-Szenen- Splittscenes-Featurette "Geisterschiff"


Compare the listed 94m runtime (including PAL conversion differential, if any) with the the superior 2006 Severin Films release. I don't see any English friendly options. Note the supplements include a "Featurette" and extra scene/image galleries, along with a trailer, presumably on the 2nd disc. Has anyone seen this? One wonders if the Franco/Romay interview is the same as the one on the Severin presentation. NOTE: Although the specs list it as a 1985 film, this Golden Films Internacional Production was filmed on location in the Canary Islands in 1982.

Any further information would be welcome along with comments on the video/sound/extras quality. Some of the screenshots look a bit dark.

Thanks to Kaya O.

6 comments:

Douglas A. Waltz said...

I think that these double dips are getting a little out of hand. Didn't this happen when Dark Sky released Count Dracula? Getting kind of tired of it.
On a positive note, I did receive my copy of Antenna Criminal yesterday. I'm watching it tonight and will report back with how it was tomorrow. Hurray!

Robert Monell said...

I know what you mean Doug. I certainly am going to be more selective in my future DVD purchases. I simply can't afford to get each and every DVD I'm interested in released worldwide.

I also got AC today and watched some of the extras. I'll be interested in your comments.

Douglas A. Waltz said...

ANTENA CRIMINAL was fantastic! I posted about it at my own blog at divineexploitation.blogspot.com This is such an intimate portrait of a director. It actually gave me more of an appreciation of BLIND TARGET then I already had. At this point I don't think there is anything that will top this as my favorite flick of the year and it's only January!!

KFelon said...

Got my copy of Antena Criminal yesterday too. Won a photo signed by Jess and Lina for being one of the 1st 3 to order. =)

Robert Monell said...

I agree Doug. Also interesting is the 25m interview with him about his feelings about sexual content. I wish there were Eng subs, though. I'll check out your review. This package is obviously a must have for the serious JF fan.

Douglas A. Waltz said...

After watching the Synapse Films version of Exorcism with the Jess commentary a few times I know longer need subs for him, well unless he isn't speaking English! :0) However I understand him perfectly.