17 December, 2007

THE MAN WITH KALEIDOSCOPE EYES

Jess Franco meditates on our NEW BLOG DESIGN!


Kimberly Lindbergs, the talented Web Designer and creative force behind the CINEBEATS blog, has given our valued blog readers and myself a very special Christmas present: a terrific new blog design! It's the best kind of present since it can be enjoyed by all who behold it and will last all year round.

I have been a fan and regular reader of Kimberly's elegantly designed, thoughtfully written blog since I came upon it. Her reviews, profiles, essays, perceptively focus on all kinds of cinema from the 1960's and 1970's: mainstream, international arthouse classics, gialli, Eurohorror, Japanese Pink films, to name but a few areas she regularly covers. She also presents informative profiles of cult movie actors from the past, from Hollywood legends to Japanese performers who might not be that well known in the West outside of Asian Cult Cinema collectors. Since I am also a big time fan of all things 1960's and 70's CINEBEATS has become an oasis. A place to go to get away from the stress of the modern world and current Pop Culture, which I really can't relate to very much.


Kimberly's talents as a Web Designer are proudly displayed here, her imagination and hard work have given this blog a new face. Being pretty much computer illiterate I just vaguely asked her for something which would be hallucinatory, psychedelic, outre and she almost immediately came up with The Man With Kaleidoscope Eyes template at the top surrounded by the Op Art wallpaper. It immediately struck me as perfectly in sync with the visual aesthetic of so much of Jess Franco's best late 60's and early 70's work as well as the many other filmmakers we deal with here.


My main goal is to keep this blog fun and surprising and we should all give a big Shout Out of appreciation to Kimberly for giving her time and creativity to help do that. Welcome to Kimberly as our new Designer/Art Director and I promise there will be more pleasant surprises to come in 2008.

If you haven't discovered CINEBEATS you are in for a treat: http://www.cinebeats.com/

You can meet and greet Kimberly here: http://cinebeats.blogsome.com/2007/11/22/meet-greet/



(C) Robert Monell, 2007

8 comments:

Kimberly Lindbergs said...

Many thanks for the nice words Robert! I'm glad I could help. I love your reviews and enjoy your writing on film a lot so it was a pleasure to help you redesign the blog for the new year. Cheers!

Mirek said...

Kimberly did a stand up job on the design and overall placement of features. New surprises all around, too. The design is the perfect compliment to the text. And, as I read, the name of her website, Cinebeats, is inspired by the English title of Naschy's Latidos de Panico--Panic Beats!

Again, excellent work. Thank you, Kimberly, for providing such a sparkling home to Robert's exemplary Franco blog.

magick mike said...

Love the new layout! Thanks Kimberly!

Douglas A. Waltz said...

WOW! What a great new layout for the site! It really makes things pop and I love the new design. Great work!

Tobias Thuresson said...

Great layout work! Very nice.

Nostalgia Kinky said...

Kimberly is the bomb and the new design is awesome...I might try and convince her one day to hook me up with one!
Anyway, it looks great and it has to be said that this is one of my favorite places to visit as well.
Keep up the great work!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent work Kimberly - I must check out your site.

Anonymous said...

Marvelous work on the new design, Kimberly. I love it! I`m a regular reader of both this fine blog and CINEBEATS, both are always thought-provoking reads, and now both are equally lovely to look at. Cheers and happy holidays to all.